Friday 17 July 2009

Star Wars Deleted Scene - Decisions

INT: EMPERORS CHAMBER

VADER ENTERS

THE EMPEROR IS SAT ON A LARGE HIGH BACKED CHAIR AT HIS DESK WITH OPEN BOOKS COVERING THE SURFACE

Emperor:
Vader! Get over here!

Vader:
As you wish my master.

Emperor:
(MOTIONING TO THE BOOKS) What do you think for the colours for the new imperial guard uniforms? I was thinking red but don't want it to be too in your face, you know like I want them red but not RED red!

Vader:
(FLIPS UP THE MASK & SPEAKS NORMALLY) Red's good, I like red. As long as you don't go for the same design as this (POINTING UP & DOWN HIMSELF), it looks like something from an S & M catalogue.

(EMPEROR QUICKLY KNOCKS ONE OF THE BOOKS OFF OF THE DESK)

Vader:
And do I still have to call you "master" in front of other people? I know you like it when we're in here but I thought it was just a game you know like when we have “Jedi juice" and have sleepovers and stuff.

Emperor:
(IGNORING HIM) I originally thought of a nice yellow or mauve, but then I figured something more masculine like a blue, but that's a little too obvious, and the red says "evil guard" I think, especially if I combine them with these narrow eyed helmets with the black visors, they look so cool it's untrue!

Vader:
I do like those helmets, better design than these others, at least they don't look like giant coc..

Emperor:
We could have the black ones with the rounded front, coming to a point at the back. But they look like cycling helmets. (BEAT) And we’d have to put up no running signs in the hallways, if someone stops too quickly in front of you… (SHUDDERS)Ooh, makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Vader:
What about going for one like Boba Fett? He always seems a crowd favourite, and he looks well cool.

Emperor:
Yeh but he’s a contractor. He’ll probably have some kind of clause or protection on his outfit, you know what they’re like. Remember when we cloned his dad for the troopers? Cost me a fortune.

Vader:
Purple? I remember something someone said about you liking a purple helmet or something?

Emperor:
Nope, red. Red it shall be, long, round, smooth shafted, red headed warriors! That is how I like my men… as in troops men… not men… men…

Vader:
(FLIPS DOWN THE MASK & SPEAKS IN THE VOICE) As you wish...

AS VADER REACHES THE DOOR HE TURNS AND LOOKS BACK

Vader:
I'm sure there's a theme here somewhere... (SHAKES HEAD) Nope, can’t find one.

END

No comments: